Tracie's Treasures

I welcome any and all comments. If you comment anonymously but please sign your name. I will try to be as accurate as possible..however we all know I am not perfect..so corrections are welcome. Side stories are also welcome. Together we can create a rich family tapestry for future generations. Connie

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Farm Diary : September 1923

September
1 Saturday Herman helped Robinson fill silo I picked up corn shocked sweet corn picked some seed
2  Sunday Maggie and Frances came out we went to Shell Lake in PM and to Osage swimming in eve
3  Monday Herman helped Robinson fill silo I picked more corn
4  Tuesday Went after Greens cornbinder to cut fauder corn started fishing in PM but could not get a boat so went in eve
5  Wednesday Hauled some lumber went fishing on lake in PM Herman and Maggie got ready to start in morning
6  Thursday Kids started home but broke down I cut fauder corn and picked some seed corn( Kids Herman age 16 and Maggie age about 20 both were James X siblings)
7  Friday  Kids started for Iowa we took cream got plumbs at Robinsons picked up some corn and shocked some helped with rafters on barn
8  Saturday To PR after siding roofing flour cement
9  Sunday Home in AM done odd jobs carried fruit in cellar put calf in pig pen tied fauder shocks to S.G. Dows in PM
10 Monday Shocked fauder corn in AM tore down manure spreader shed in PM
11 Tuesday Took load of lumber to Ponsford to get it plained picked up some corn in eve
12 Wednesday Picked up some corn pulled beans Dads here in eve brought out nails
13 Thursday Froze hard in morn hauled lumber for carpenters tore down cellar took lumber to Ponsford for plaining
14 Friday Unloaded lumber hauled in some eight in lumber picked up some corn took cream picked up more corn
15 Saturday Picked up corn all day Marvin and Ronald helped Dads and Fred and Olive here overnight went fishing in eve
16 Sunday Home Dads Frances Helen W. here  Freds went away
17 Monday Rained all day fixed some fence half soled shoes hunted roan heifer
18 Tuesday Worked on barn ementing to Osage after shingler Started roofing
19 Wednesday Roofed on barn I helped
20 Thursday Put on roofing I helped
21 Friday Finished roofing I helped Dads Fred and Olive here
22 Saturday Got corn picked up finished
23 Sunday Took Robinsons freezer back to Jim Robinson after school order fixed school organ to church in eve at school house
24 Monday Worked on cellars cleaning out and fixing
25 Tuesday Put diger together finished cellar pulled diger
26 Wednesday Started to dig spuds  Lydia Mrs Beck and Vernon Pratt helped
27 Thursday Dug spuds Thresa helped
28 Friday dug spuds Mildred helped a little raining lost 2 H.
29 Saturday Dug spuds Thresa Mrs Beck Lydia Mildred Vernon helped Rained in PM I cemented in barn
30 Sunday Home all day hunted a little

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.