Tracie's Treasures

I welcome any and all comments. If you comment anonymously but please sign your name. I will try to be as accurate as possible..however we all know I am not perfect..so corrections are welcome. Side stories are also welcome. Together we can create a rich family tapestry for future generations. Connie

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Farm Diary : August 1929

August 12 Frances came + got Mama + took her to Emma's Jim working on the cesspool

Then there are some entries out of order.
Sunday 4th went up to the lake sold some sweet corn this week.

Then there are these entries I think Grandma Tracie means August not July

July 11 Sunday had Ice Cream went to church
July 12 Monday  Took Mother to the bus she went home got a telephone  that Mable Stuve died. Awful dry sold almost $50. of sweet corn. 
August 25 Sunday Went to see Mama she is awful sick
August 29 Emmas phoned that Mama died.   Jim and I went up there, came home after supper
August 30 Friday worked here at home, Harley here Laura and her children came in the eve
August 31 Saturday Jim helped dig the grave, Mama funeral in the afternoon Franks + Tillies,  here overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.