Tracie's Treasures

I welcome any and all comments. If you comment anonymously but please sign your name. I will try to be as accurate as possible..however we all know I am not perfect..so corrections are welcome. Side stories are also welcome. Together we can create a rich family tapestry for future generations. Connie

Friday, March 2, 2012

Relatives Found

Hello everyone!  Recently I was contacted by a gentleman about my blog post that had Emma and Tracie and Fred in the schoolyard, it was called One Hundred Years ago.  As it turns out, his Grandmother is Laura Stuve Evans Meyer. Ken recalled coming to Minnesota to visit Aunt Emma and Uncle Rubert.   Laura was married on December 01, 1901 to Clarence Evans.  They had six children actually seven one died as a baby.  Roy, Curtis, Ermin, Lula, Fern and Irene.  Anyway Ken Baxter is the son of Lula Evans Baxter, and  also Laura’s Grandson. So he is a cousin!

Ken writes:

Delighted to have made this connection. We are doing a Baxter reunion in NW Iowa this coming July. I was a little guy when Grandma Laura died. She was married to Ben Meyer at the time. Her first marriage to Clarence Evans ended when he died fairly young. From what I understand she ran a boarding house in Battle Creek for some years raising the kids. My memory of her was her and mom (Lula) picking strawberries and me begging them from them. She had a print dress with strawberries on it she said she wore for me. Those kids of hers, my aunts and uncles on mom's side, were salt of the earth. Good hearts who knew what was important in life: family, friends, good food and drink. None of them were boring people.

Ken

Ken has a blog here is the link.

He also writes a Family blog..here is that link.

If any of you want to email him his email is baxken@gmail.com he lives part time in Mesa Arizona and part time in Portland Oregon.

I have invited him to join us here on Tracie’s Treasures.  He has shared a few photos with me that I have never seen before.

His Niece Michelle will also be joining us here.

They have parts of the family history that we do not have and vice versa!!

Ken shared this early photo of Louisa and Louis.  I believe it is a Tin Type and it was most likely taken sometime around the time of their marriage,  February 5 1880.
Young Louisa and Louis

He also had this photo.                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
winter Louis and Louisa
  We have our own copy in Grandmas Old Photo Album.                                                                                                                         Grandma and Grandpa Stuve  I believe this is Louis and Louisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.