August 1: Had men for dinner. Stacked grain. Mama and Dad went to town. To bed at 8-30
August 2: Had men for dinner. Jim and all of us kids went to the Recital at Bethal. To bed at 2-15
August 3: Anna, Emma and I went to town, up to Aleck’s for dinner. Floyd, Ruth, Emma and I went to a party down to Spanswick’s had a bum time. Stoled plums and apples on the way home. To bed at 12-45
August 4: Sunday went to Sunday School. Esta came home with me. Uncle John’s were here. Jim and Clifford came in the afternoon. Emma went to the ball game. We took Esta home. Rupert and Emma went to church. I stayed home. To bed at 12 o’clock
August 5: Did up the work. Nothing doin’, To bed at 8-30
August 6: Washed in the morn. Mama and Dad went to Minnesota. Lydia and Emma took them to town. Jim came over was going to town but looked too much like rain. Stopped a while at Japs “something doing alright” to bed at 1 o’clock.
August 7: Ironed in the morn. Effie and Ted were here. Minnie and the kids came over and stayed all night. Rupert came over . It rained. To bed at 11-30
August 8: I helped Minnie make her dress. Her and the kids went home. Emma went to the show. To bed at 10-30.
August 9: Emma, Stella and I went over to Mc Kees, went fishing in the afternoon had lots of fun. To bed at 9 o’ clock
August 10: Anna and I went to town. Inez and Bessie came down. All the kids went to the dance at Jacob’s. I stayed home with the kids. Harold stayed all night, had company. To bed at 1 o’ clock
August 11: Went to Sunday School. Ted’s, Japs and Jim were here. Mama and Papa came home from Minnesota. Emma and Rupert took Inez and Bessie to Persia. To bed at 11-15
August 12: Washed in the morning. Emma went over to Matties. To bed at 9-30
August 13: Ironed. Emma came home. Ruth here a little while. Clifford came out. To bed at 10.
August 14: Sewed, made Emma a dress. Clifford still here. To bed at 10.
August 15: Went to the picnic over at Liberty-Bethal and Pleasant Hill, had a ball game, a fine time. Ralph, Ruth and Jermayne were here in the eve. Had Ice Cream. To bed at 10 o’clock.
August 16: Rained in the morn. Did not do much of anything. Clifford still here. To bed at 9.
August 17: Did up the work. The folks went to town. Clifford went to Owens. Rupert, Emma, Anna, Harry, Jim and I all went to a party at Dave Pitts had a pretty good time. To bed at 3-20
August 18: Sunday was in bed all morn and afternoon. The folks went up to Maudes. Rupert and Jim came in the eve had some fun about a “buggy wrench” To bed at 11-30
August 19: Washed in the morning. Ted and Effie here in the afternoon. Redd in the eve. To bed at 9-30
August 20: ironed. Ruth here, Anna went over to Japs. Emma and I went to Knausses after apples. Harry worked out his Pol Tax, to bed at 8-30
August 21: Did up the work. Burned my arm. To bed at 9.
August 22: Hez, Jim and I went to the Old Settlers together. Anna, Harry, Lydia, Emma, Rupert, Japs and Teds all went too. Ate dinner with Jim’s folks. Stayed for the dance in the eve. Pearl Spense came home with the kids. To bed at 2-10
August 23: Pearl here. Went to the mail box had some fun. Emma and I took Pearl to town. Mrs. Birkes here after plums. To bed 8-30.
August 24: Did up the work. Anna, Harry, Dad, Lydia and Frances went to town. Mrs Clayton and Nina were here in the afternoon. There was a dance at Jacob’s but I didn’t go. To bed at 8-30
August 25: Sunday. Went to Sunday School. Had preaching. Charles Tupper preached. Emma and I went up to Wilsons. Harris was here. Jim and Rubert came in the eve. Went for a ride. To bed at 12-10
August 26: Washed in the morning. Canned plums and wrote a letter in the afternoon. To bed at 7-45
August 27: Ironed. Japs here in the afternoon. Emma , Rubert and I went to Persia, went down to Swangers had a good time. Mrs Hawkins came home with us. To bed at 12-45
August 28: Rained in the morning. Did not do much of anything. Mr Mulnix stayed all night. Emma and I went for a horse back ride saw Betty Mumm and Anna Kuster talked with them a while saw Jim and Rubert talked with them to. To bed at 11-45
August 29: Picked plums in the morn. Nina Clayton here. Earnest Graham came after the plums in the eve. To bed at 8-45.
August 30: Effie here all day. A peddler here in the morn. To bed at 8-30.
August 31: Emma and I went to town. Anna came home with us. Got home just before the rain. To bed at 9-15.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.