Feb 1 : Went to school. Perry H. came to visit. Franks were here. To bed at 8 o’clock.
Feb 2: Went to school. Albert’s were here. Anna, Emma, Harry, Jim and I went to Literary up at Star Point and nearly froze coming home. To bed 12 o’clock.
Feb 3: I started to bake bread, I had splendid luck. Stayed at home all day. Harry came in the eve. Had the headache. Went to bed at 8 o’clock.
Feb 4: Sunday. Stayed at home all day. Anna and Harry went to Woodbine. Jim, Perry, Mr Haner and Mr Henderson were here in the eve. To bed at 1210 o’ clock.
Feb 5: Went to school. Floyd came after us. Al and Maude left their kids here. To bed at 9 o’clock.
Feb 6: Went to school. Ted came up before we had breakfast.. Did not go to Morrises, Mrs. was sick. Anna, Harry and Fred came in the eve. To bed at 830 o’clock.
Feb 7: Went to school. Maudes were here. Took my music lesson. Emma and Fred went up to Maudes. To bed at 8 o’clock.
Feb 8: Went to school. Ted, Harry and Effie were here. Emma and I went to procetic. To bed at 1030.
Feb 9: Went to school. Papa and Emma went to Co. Bluffs. Papa came back in the eve. Anna went to Sidney. Harry and Fred to Literary. To bed at 9 o’clock.
Feb 10: Stayed at home. Hazel came out. Emma came home. Harry came up. Us kids all went to the dance at Hendersons got stuck in a snow drift. “Continued.” To bed at 3-30.
Feb 11: Sunday, had company Franks, Maudes and Uncle John Young and Uncle John Basch were here. Went to Sunday School. Emma, Hazel, Harry, Fred, Jim and I went to Owen’s Sunday Night. Hazel stayed. To bed at 11-30.
Feb 12: Went to school. My Two Uncles went away. Got a new nephew. Fred went to Woodbine. Harry, Emma and Lydia went up to Maudes. Floyd and I went to Grossmans to practice. To bed at 11-30.
Feb 13: Harry took us to school. Floyd came after us. Lisle, Gladys and Ruthe were here in the eve. Played Flinch. To bed at 10-30.
Feb 14: Went to school. Over to Morrises after school. Floyd and I went to practicing in the eve. Fred came home. To bed at 11 o’ clock.
Feb 15: Went to school. Eva H. stayed all night. Hazel W. came to visit the school. To bed at 9 o’ clock.
Feb 16: Went to school. Decorated the school house. Floyd and Fred G. came up. Emma, Jim and I went to Lyceum, the boys sang. Harry R. rode home with us. To bed at 1 o’clock. O’yes Fred took Hazel home.
Feb 17: Stayed home. Washed in the morning. Wrote a letter. To bed 8-30.
Feb 18: Sun. went to SS in the morn. Home all day. Had company in the eve. Fred went to Woodbine. Emma and Lydia went to Birks’es . To bed at 11-10
Feb 19: Went to school. The boys at Teds all day. Emma, Harry, Jim and I went to Ginnetts party. To bed at 2-30.
Feb 20: Went to school. Mama and Dad went to town. Fred, Harry and I went to practice up at the school house. To bed at 11 o’clock.
Feb 21: Dad’s birthday. Went to school. Ray Williams came to visit. Albert’s were here all day. Floyd and I went to practice. To bed at 10 o’ clock.
Feb 22: Went to school. Hazel Williams came to visit. Jim and I went over to the entertainment at Bethal. Jim and Clarke played. To bed at -----
Feb 23: Went to school. Practiced for the doings. Our entertainment was just fine. Made $51.65 from all the boxes. I ate with Fred Kelley. Hazel and Eva stayed all night to bed at 1-30.
Feb 24: Stayed at home all day. Eva and Hazel went home. To bed at 8-30.
Feb 25: Sunday, stayed at home all day. It stormed. I played Flinch in the eve. To bed at 8-30.
Feb 26: Went to school. The boys went to Woodbine. To bed at 9 o’clock.
Feb 27: Stayed at home all day. Floyd and Ruth came over in the evening. To bed at 10-30.
Feb 28: Papa and I went to Woodbine after Minnie and the kids. Got home at 3 o’clock. Fred and Japs came over and stayed all night. To bed 8-30.
Feb 29: Stayed at home. Franks were here. Minnie and the kids were here too. To bed at 9 o’clock.
I was curious about the game Flinch.
Generation upon generation have enjoyed Flinch since it was first introduced in 1905. All you have to do to win is get rid of the 10 cards in your stockpile. You'll do this by playing them in numerical sequence--whenever possible--onto the play piles in the center of the table. Sounds simple, doesn't it' Or is it' ?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.