June 2: Sunday. Harry here. All us kids went to Sunday School. Ruthe and Jermayne were here for dinner. I went to town after Fred came home and read. Jim came in the eve. Anna went over to McKees. To bed at 11
June 3: Emma and I helped Fred all day. Ted and Effie were here a little while. Perry, Eva, and Laura and Chancey were here in the eve. Fred and Frances were down to Teds. To bed at 10.
June 4: Washed in the morn. Papa hauled his hogs to town. Sewed in the afternoon. To bed at 9.
June 5: Ironed all morn. Harry came to work. Made Emmas skirt in the afternoon. The boys played cards. To bed at 9.
June 6: Finished Emmas dress. Mama and Dad went to Persia. Lydia and Emma went away in the eve. To bed at 8-30.
June 7: The kids all went to the picnic. I stayed at home. The boys put up hay. Jim came in the eve. Emma was going to Cowans party. But us three kids went for a ride. Fred and Harry followed us. Emma got scared of a dog, us kids caught it and shut it up. To bed at 11-15
June 8: Done up the work then Emma and I went to town. I got my tooth filled. Eva rode home with us. Emma, Anna. Harry and Fred went to the dance up to Jacobs. I stayed at home. To bed at 8-15.
June 9: Sunday. Us kids intended to go fishing but it was so cold we backed out. All went to Sunday School. Jim and I went to church in the afternoon. Harris was there. Leona and Gladys came down a little while in the eve. Anna went to McKees in the eve. To bed at 11-30.
June 10: Helped Mama all day. Gladys and Leona came over in the eve. Went for a walk. To bed at 9-30.
June 11: Was sick all day. The folks all went away. Emma went to Dows in the afternoon. Lydia to Japs. Mama and Frances to Franks. Pap went to town. To bed at 8.
June 12: Washed in the morn. Was still sick. to bed at 8.
June 13: Fred went fishing. Emma and I down to Aleck’s. Hazel and Leslie came home with us. My birthday the kids tried to have a surprise party on me. It rained. There were sixteen here had a fine time. Got some nice presents. To bed at 8??or 3?? ( Grandma always looked forward to her birthday and having a house full at the farm on the Sunday nearest her birthday! ) In 1912 Grandma was 17.
June 14: Hez here. Ironed all morn. Lydia came home. Perry H. was here for dinner. Fred went to Teds in the afternoon. Us girls just fooled around. Emma went down town to stay at Morrises. Fred and Hez went to Owens’es in the eve. Hez stayed to bed at 8.30
June 15: Done up the work. Mama, Lydia and Frank went to town. I stayed home alone. Anna, Harry and I went to a party at Graham’s. Lydia went to Claytons. All had some fun. The rest of the bunch went to Brush Willows. To bed at 3.15
June 16: Sunday. Did not go to Sunday School. Fred and I went down to Aleck’s. Jim and Emma were there. Band practice in the afternoon. I came home in the eve. Teds, Japs and Harry were here in the eve. To bed at 11.
June 17: Did up the work. Not much of anything else. To bed at 8-30.
June 18: Washed in the morn. Made my skirt in the afternoon. Fred went to Logan. Clifford came home with him. To bed at 9. Ruth was here.
June 19: Ironed in the morn. Made my waist --- in the afternoon. Emma rode out as far as Japs with B. Harry and Anna were here a little while in the eve. To bed at 9-30.
June 20: Did up the work in the morn. Went to the mail box. Went over to Japs in the afternoon to pick gooseberries. It rained but we did not get very wet. Emma came home with us. To bed at 8-30.
June 21: Clifford and us kids picked over Gooseberries in the morn. Made Frances a dress in the afternoon. Maude and Albert were here in the eve. To bed at 9.
June 22: Done up the Saturday work in the morn. Clifford, Fred and I went to Logan in the afternoon. Fred, Hez and I went to Jacobs dance from Logan had a fine time. Hez stayed at Owens’es To bed at 4.30
June 23: Sunday, us kids went to Sunday School. Japs here for dinner. Slept in the afternoon. Nona and Earnest came over a little while. Jim here in the eve. To bed at 11-45.
June 24: Washed in the morn. Emma and I went to town in the afternoon. Got my new kicks. To bed at 8-30.
June 25: Lydia and I ironed. Emma was sick. Sewed in the afternoon. Emma and I went over to the Knausses in the eve. Myrtle was there. To bed at 10.15
June 26: I made Emma’s dress. Fred went to Teds in the eve had that smash up with the buggy. To bed at 9.
June 27: Mama and Lydia went to Japs. Papa and Fred went to town. Frances came home. To bed at 9-30.
June 28: Sewed. Japs here in the morn. The kids went away in the eve. To bed at 8-30.
June 29: The folks went to town. George and Tillie came up. Jim, Hez and Fred and I went to a dance at Arnolds. Had a fine time. Divorse. Home at 5.15 never went to bed.
June 30: Had a snooze before Sunday School. Maudes, Franks, Tillies, Teds, Harry, Clifford and Harris were here. Slept about 1/2 hour in the afternoon. Perry H. here Went up the road in the eve. Had company. To bed at 10-15.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment or a question...any input is appreciated! Connie
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.